Pursuing a slip and fall claim can be daunting and come with numerous challenges. Slip and fall accidents are relatively common, and victims can suffer a range of injuries.
While property owners are responsible for fixing known safety issues or warning visitors, proving liability is complicated. This is why victims need a Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer on their side.
It is wise not to take on such a case yourself, especially when you are unfamiliar with the different legal requirements for slip and fall compensation claims. So, consider hiring a seasoned Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer to help you with the case, allowing you to focus on recovery.
At Diaz & Gaeta, we have law professionals specializing in slip and fall cases who will dedicate their expertise to fighting for your rights and interests. Our Sandy Springs personal injury lawyers will also oversee negotiations with the defendant’s legal team or insurance provider.
We guarantee that you will get unrivaled legal counsel and representation to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Call us at 678-329-9084 to schedule a FREE non-obligatory consultation and find out more about how we can help.
What Are the Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall incidents might seem trivial, but there are times when these accidents can have life-changing impacts. We must investigate your claims to unearth the truth and gather evidence to support your case. Part of our efforts will focus on differentiating the causes of the accident to determine liability.
Many of the clients we have helped with their slip and fall claims attribute the accident and injuries to the following:
- Poor or insufficient lighting in walkways, hallways, and other areas with substantial foot traffic.
- Uneven surfaces, potholes, cracked sidewalks, chipped tiles.
- Broken staircases.
- Poorly maintained or malfunctioning escalators and elevators.
- Wet floors in hospitals, malls, offices, stores, and other public spaces.
- Debris such as branches and loose rubble.
- Failure to install anti-slip devices, gutters, or storm drains for heavy snow/rain.
- Failure to place warning signs or restrict access to areas with slip/fall hazards.
How Will Your Sandy Springs Slip and Fall Lawyer Help with My Case?
The defendant’s legal team will do what they can to ensure your claim is denied or the settlement amount is reduced. They could employ dubious tactics, including using anything that could suggest you shoulder some blame for the slip and fall accident.
Your chances of facing them and winning the case are better when you hire us to represent you and fight for your rights.
Here are some of the ways our professional Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyers will help with your case: The benefits of working with our professional Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer include:
- We offer a free consultation so you can know if you have a case.
- We will investigate the accident and gather crucial evidence to support the case.
- We will contact witnesses to get their accounts of what happened.
- We will use our investigations to determine the worth of your claim.
- We will meet all legal requirements when filing the compensation claim.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement.
- We will protect you from being pressured into a low-ball settlement offer.
- We have the experience to take your case to court if needed.
- You pay us nothing unless we win you compensation!
By hiring a Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer, you will be better prepared for your ideal outcome.
What Steps Can I Take to Help My Slip and Fall Case?
Georgia state laws stipulate the steps that slip and fall accident victims must take to secure their rights and interests when pursuing a claim. Diaz & Gaeta know that you must secure the evidence needed to support your claim, and you can do this by:
Take Photos and Videos
Look around and make note of anything that might have caused the accident. It can be loose carpeting, wet surfaces, broken flooring, and other hazardous conditions.
Documenting the scene is wise because the pictures and videos can be used as evidence in the slip and fall case. You will have proof of what caused the accident, even if it was cleared or fixed after the incident. This piece of information can be critical for your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer.
Identify Potential Witnesses and Get Their Information
Make sure that you ask any witnesses to give you their names and contact information. They can give an account of what they saw regarding your accident. Witnesses can be invaluable in confirming what happened.
Report the Accident
If you slipped and fell in a business establishment, you should report it to a supervisor or manager before leaving the property. The property owner or manager could ask you to fill out a form explaining what happened.
That document can serve as an incident report that details the nature and cause of the slip and fall accident. Because this is a crucial step, doing this will help your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer in preparation to take on your case.
Seek Medical Attention
Go to a hospital for a comprehensive diagnosis of your injuries and treatment. The doctors will compile a medical report that can be used as evidence to back up your claims.
It is important to note that slip and fall accidents can occur in various settings, including private residences, public places, and workplaces.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, different laws and regulations may apply, which is why it is essential to consult with a Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer who has experience in handling slip and fall cases. They can guide you through the legal process and help you pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer today at 678-329-9084
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident Be Proven?
The defendant’s team will argue that you also shoulder some blame for the accident, sighting different allegations. However, our Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer will also be committed to dispelling their allegations and proving the defendant was at fault.
Your lawyer needs to establish four key facts to prove the property owner/manager is liable and should compensate you.
- The defendant knew or should have been aware of the hazard on their property.
- The defendant did not take reasonable measures to ensure people’s safety by fixing the hazard or ensuring visitors were informed about it.
- You were unaware of the danger because you couldn’t see it in time or because there were no warning signs.
- The safety hazard caused you to slip and fall, leaving you with injuries.
How Is Liability Determined in a Georgia Slip and Fall Case?
Your lawyer will take you through some essential questions that can help shed light on the circumstances that led to you slipping and falling. The answers to these questions will determine liability between you and the accused. The questions include:
- What were your reasons for being on the property where you slipped and fell?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of the hazard and put up a warning sign to alert you?
- Could you have been distracted by something else when the accident happened?
- Would another person of reasonable mind have spotted the danger and avoided it if they were in a similar situation?
Being partly responsible for the accident could see you get a lower settlement because compensation is shared between you and the accused according to the degree of fault.
Moreover, you might not get anything if your liability is more than 50%. In short, you must consider working with a reputable slip and fall lawyer if you want to improve your chances of getting a fair settlement.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
Your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer will review everything, including gathering information, to determine your claim worth. The court will award compensation based on the nature and severity of the injuries and losses. There are three categories of damages
- Economic damages: include present and future expenses such as medical bills, lost income, and other losses with a determinable monetary value.
- Non-economic damages: include pain and suffering, lost companionship, disability, disfigurement, and other losses that don’t have a set monetary value but significantly impact your life.
- Punitive damages: serve as additional punishment in cases where the defendant was especially reckless.
Are There Any Time Limits for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in Georgia?
Yes. The law stipulates that those who wish to file a slip and fall accident claim must do so within two years from the date of the incident. Acting early is to your advantage. It gives you ample time to ensure everything is set and you have met all legal requirements.
Additionally, it is recommended by Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyers to seek medical attention immediately after the slip and fall accident, even if you think your injuries are minor.
Delaying medical treatment may not only worsen your condition but also weaken your claim. It is also recommended to gather as much evidence as possible, such as photos of the accident scene, eyewitness statements, and any relevant documents, to support your claim.
Moreover, hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can significantly increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer will help guide you through this.
Get in Touch With the Top Rated Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyers!
Pursuing a slip and fall claim can be a daunting process marred by numerous challenges. Slip and fall accidents are relatively common, and victims face various challenges resulting from their injuries.
As a victim, you probably feel that those liable for the accident must be compelled by the law to compensate you for your injuries and losses.
However, it is wise not to take on the case yourself, especially when you are unfamiliar with the different legal requirements for slip and fall compensation claims.
So, consider hiring a reputable Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer to help you with the case, allowing you to focus on recovery.
At Diaz & Gaeta, we have law professionals specializing in slip and fall cases who will dedicate their expertise to fighting for your rights and interests.
Our experienced Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyers will also oversee negotiations with the defendant’s legal team or insurance provider. We guarantee that you will get unrivaled legal counsel and representation to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Call us at 678-329-9084 to schedule a free consultation with your Sandy Springs slip and fall lawyer to find out more about how we can help.